Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Technique Challenge

Hello Everyone, Dawn here:
It is my turn for the monthly technique challenge.  
I am going to share with you -- color resist -- to try this month.
Now, you can use embossing powders and masks to hide where you want to avoid color but we're going to use a white crayon.
I like to use this technique when I'm on the go and don't have access to my craft room tools or heat gun. 
 It's just a dollar store crayon, nothing fancy at all.
You're going to need some ink to blend and a blending tool and a fun stamp. 
 I tend to work with flowers when using this technique and white card stock.  But I guess with the right choice of inks you could work with colored stock as well.
The stamp I'm using I got at Michael's during their 50% off stamp sale and it's by Cam & Chloe.
Stamp your image so you get a nice bold/clean impression and let it dry.  (I used StazOn only because my other ink pad needs to be reinked)  

Then just color in the areas you want to resist with your white crayon. 
 I'm going to color in the flower centers and petals.  It's that easy.   

You may need to tilt the paper in the light to make sure you have all the coverage you want, white on white can be hard to see under certain lighting.

Once you have everything covered that you want, let the color flow with your ink.

I'm going to use Distress Inks: Antique Linen,  Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac on one -- Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick on the other --- just to give you two different looks on the same stamp.

This technique is great for single layer cards too where you mask off the area and stamp, color and blend.. because you're not using a heat gun, the paper won't warp on you at all. 

Once you're done and have the coverage you want - take a paper towel and wipe over your piece ... 

just trim it down (or not - if you masked it off) and add it to your fun.


I can't wait to see what you share with this .... let's have some fun!!

Here are my finished cards for this project


Badge


Design Team Inspiration 




No comments: